CapTuRinG Da LiFe In WoRdS...

they said words are stronger than the sword
are gentler than the breeze
are the balm to frozen heart

so they said...
but I SAID that my words are my treasure

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Between Job, University and Master Program

When I started asking around, a lot of my friends are planning to take Master program, some wanted to get a job while a few are still thinking about it. Regardless of anyone decision, I already decided to fight my way into the job market.

Frankly speaking, the working world sounds like a scary world full of pitfalls and uncertainty and if you are absentminded you might get pull down by some scary monsters. It makes the university life sounds easy and comfortable. It is tempting to think that maybe I could stay in the university a little bit longer. Even if I go out now, I do not know for sure what job I will be doing.

But,

Rather than hiding in university because of the excuse 'I do not know what job I will be doing' I think I will try to take the risk by entering the job market. Even if I hide in university under the pretense of taking Master, I could not hide in there forever. One day, I will have to go out to fight in the working world too..older perhaps.


So, whether the risk I will be taking is going to be worth it or not I do not know. What I am sure is that I will stick to what I believe and work towards it. Ganbare!

2 comments:

  1. partly because of that, but as for me personally having a masters degree allows a bigger scope of opportunities for me in the working industry. plus, the salary will be significantly higher ;)
    UNLESS if one is planning on taking some non-conventional works like a freelance writer, working for NGO etc. Some of us are a lil bit conservative and orthodontics, so we think it'd be safe to work in mainstream workforce that requires high academic values.

    just a piece of thought ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For syahmi, furthering study might be a better choice because you can study well. but for people like me who can hardly stay awake in class maybe i'll go find something that can help me stay awake outside the class.

    p/s; I stumble upon this article yesterday when I was browsing about jobs for English major

    http://chronicle.com/article/Graduate-School-in-the/44846

    thanks for commenting

    ReplyDelete